HONORARY DEGREES AND CHAIRS
|Feb 2016||elected Professor of the Russian Academy of Sciences (the RAS Profesor) RU|
DEGREES AND TRAINING
|11/2011||Defended (24.05.2011) a DSc (Habilitation) Dissertation «New Synthetic Strategies Involving Isocyanide-Based Multicomponent Reactions». The respective degree in Organic Chemistry was conferred by the Higher Attestation Committee of the Russian Federation on 18.11.2011|
|12/2006||Defended (06.12.2006) a PhD Dissertation «Design, Synthesis and Biological Activity of 1,2,4-Trioxane Analogs of Artemisinin» in Organic Chemistry at the Gubkin Gas & Oil University of Russia (Moscow)|
|05/1999||Master of Arts in Organic/Medicinal Chemistry (under Prof Gary H. Posner) from The Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD)|
|06/1997||Visiting Diploma student at Organic Chemistry Dept, Lund University (Sweden)|
|01/1997||Completed undergraduate chemistry training with concentration in Physical Organic Chemistry (St. Petersburg State University, Russia)|
|May 19-23rd, 2003||Pharmaceutical Industry Short Course in Pharmacology (U Wisconsin, Madison)|
|01-10/2009||Advanced training course in Natural Science Teaching Methodology (The Ushinsky State Pedagogical University, Yaroslavl, Russia)|
|2014 – present||Professor of Organic Chemistry, St. Petersburg State University (Russia)
|2011 – 2013||Group Leader and Institute Member, Eskitis Institute for Drug Discovery, Griffith University (Brisbane, QLD, Australia)
|2007 – 2011||Head of Medicinal Chemistry, Chemical Diversity Research Institute (Khimki, Moscow)
|2007||Postdoctoral fellow, Dept of Chemistry, McGill University (Montreal, Quebec)
|2004 – 2007||Associate Director for Custom Chemistry, Chemical Diversity Research Institute (Khimki, Moscow)
|2002 – 2003||Senior Research Associate, Medicinal Chemistry, Abbott Bioresearch Center (Worcester, MA)|
|2000 – 2001||Senior Research Associate, Medicinal Chemistry, Millennium Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Cambridge, MA)
|1997 – 1999||Graduate research associate and Teaching assistant, The Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD)
CONCOMITANT SCIENTIFIC POSTS
- Head, Laboratory of Chemical Pharmacology, Institute for Translational Biomedicine, St Petersburg State University (ITBM SPbSU).
- Research Professor, Life Science Institute, Immunuel Kant Baltic Federal University.
- BIOCAD (St. Petersburg, Russia)
- Werteks (St. Petersburg, Russia)
- St. Petersburg State University: Medicinal Chemistry for Graduate Students in Organic Chemistry.
- Johns Hopkins University: Introductory and Intermediate Organic Chemistry.
PROFESSIONAL SOCIETY MEMBERSHIPS
- Russian Chemical Society (since 2017)
- Society for Biomolecular Screening (since 2009)
- American Chemical Society (since 1999)
- ACS Combinatorial Science, ACS Medicinal Chemistry Letters, Anti-Infective Agents, Arabian Journal of Chemistry, Archiv der Pharmazie, Asian Journal of Organic Chemistry, Beilstein Journal of Organic Chemistry, Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry Letters, Chemistry of Heterocyclic Compounds, Chemistry of Heterocyclic Compounds, Current Enzyme Inhibition, European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, Journal of Combinatorial Chemistry, Journal of Enzyme Inhibition and Medicinal Chemistry, Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, Journal of Organic Chemistry, Medicinal Chemistry, Molecular Diversity, Monatshefte für Chemie, Organic Letters, Synthetic Communications, Tetrahedron, Tetrahedron Letters.
- Expert of the Russian Academy of Sciences (RAS Expert ID 2016-01-2672-2250).
- Ad hoc manuscript reviewing for: Tetrahedron Letters, Molecular Diversity, Archiv der Pharmazie, Synthetic Communications, Monatshefte für Chemie, Journal of Organic Chemistry, Journal of Combinatorial Chemistry, ACS Combinatorial Science, Chemistry of Heterocyclic Compounds, Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry Letters, Beilstein Journal of Organic Chemistry, Anti-Infective Agents, Medicinal Chemistry, Journal of Enzyme Inhibition and Medicinal Chemistry, ACS Medicinal Chemistry Letters, Current Enzyme Inhibition, Arabian Journal of Chemistry, Asian Journal of Organic Chemistry.
- Grant assessor for Australian Research Council 2012-2013.
- Recognized by Elsevier Publishers as one of the ten best reviewers in 2015 for Tetrahedron journals.
- Expert reviewer for the Russian Science Foundation (RSF) and Russian Foundation for Basic Research.
- Editorial Board Member of «Letters in Organic Chemistry» journal (Bentham Science)
- Editorial Board Member of «Molecules» journal (MDPI)
- 6 PhD Theses defended under my supervision
- Supervised parts of PhD work of two graduate students at Griffith University: Dr. Prashant Mujumdar (2017) and Dr. Pakornwit Sarnpitak (2017)
- Currently supervising 7 PhD students at Saint Petersburg State University
- Chairman of the Queensland Compound Library (Compounds Australia) Management Committee, the only Australian resource providing compounds for biological screening.
- Served on Therapeutic Innovations Australia board (resource area – Screening).
- Post-doctoral research associate selection committee, Griffith University.
- Member of the Scientific Council on Medicinal Chemistry of the Chemistry and Material Science Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences.
MIKHAIL KRASAVIN SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
RESEARCH AND INFRASTRUCTURE FUNDING
RESEARCH AND INFRASTRUCTURE FUNDING
H-index –24 (Web of Science)
H-index –25 (Scopus)
H-index –27 (Google Scholar)